As the Voice Over IP industry has grown over the past few years, the industry has seen an explosion in the number of bloggers covering various aspects of the industry. Many of these blogs are written by individuals driving the innovation and cutting edge growth of this explosive industry. Over the past eight months, as I have jumped on the blogging bandwagon and began to incorporate blogs into marketing and communication strategies, I am often asked by others what I think of other VoIP blogs, what VoIP blogs I read, what blogs should they read, and how are VoIP blogs driving thought and innovation in the VoIP industry. As a result, I have compiled a list of what I consider to be the top 30 VoIP blogs covering the Voice Over IP industry and its various elements.
- I have tried to rank these blogs based on their importance in providing thought provoking innovative work on the Voice Over IP industry. There is plenty of room for debate.
- I ranked the blog not only on importance, but on the amount of time spent on the Voice Over IP industry as many of the blogs touch on other industries as well. Again,there is plenty of room for debate.
- Only English langauge blogs have been included.
- I must surely missed a few. If you think you should have been added, please respond in the comments section below.
- I do not read each of the blogs everyday, but I try to read each of them at least once a week.
- I did not add this blog as it has not been around long enough, and well I still do not consider it to be on par with the majority of blogs below.
And now, the Top 30 VoIP BlogsÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
The Top 10
These are the VoIP blogs that almost everyone in the idustry reads on a daily basis. I read each of these blogs daily. The content on these sites is outstanding and serves as the origin of some of the hottest industry chatter. If you are in the VoIP industry and you are not reading these blogs, you are not doing yourself or your company justice.
- Andy Abramson – VoIP Watch
- Om Malik – GigaOm
- Rich Tehrani’s Blog
- Jon Arnold’s Blog
- Greg Gatlitzine’s VoIP Authority Blog
- Skype Journal
- Russell Shaw’s IP Telephony Blog
- Tom Keating’s VoIP and Gadgets Blog
- Jeff Pulver – Pulver Blog
- Mark Evans Blog
These are the VoIP blogs that you might not read everyday, but you definitely should read them every week. Most of the blogs speak to a specific niche of the industry or, cover more then just the Voice Over IP industry. These blogs often contain high level and or are extremely technical so many of the VoIP blogs are not for the faint at heart.
- Asterisk VoIP News
- Alec Saunders .Log
- Martin Geddes -Telepocalypse
- Ted Wallingford’s Signal to Noise
- Erik Lagerway – SIP That
- Brough Turner
- Skype Blogs
- Aswath’s Weblog
- Phone Boy
- David Beckemeyer Mr. Blog
Always Worth a Read
These last ten VoIP blogs are typically focused on reporting about the happenings in and around the VoIP industry. Many of these blogs have a huge amount of valuable content and a extremely active community of individuals commenting on the topics and news presented. Though these are not daily or sometimes weekly reads, these should be in your feed reader.
- Ken Camp’s Realtime VoIP
- SolomonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ige VoIP Blog
- Gary Kim’s Blog
- Mark’s VoIP Security Blog
- Irwin Lazar’s Real-Time Blog
- VoIP Supply Blog
- VoIP Now
- VoIP Low Down
- VoIP Central
- VoIP Loop
Now it comes time to hear about who I missed Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Let me know if I missed your VoIP blog or your favortie VoIP blog. I would be happy to add to this VoIP blog list!